Monday, July 26, 2010

I found a recipe that calls for kangaroo tail soup, What is it like? Any substitutions?

yes oxtail or the hind/feet of cow.clean them then boil in a pressure cooker.you must remove the hair and the unwanted brown skin.if tender already add bay leaf,onion,garlic,chilli,black pepper and other seasonings like banana flower etc.thick soup will be the result-just add any flavorings you like to suit your taste!like lemon juice while in a bowl!just a little bit .dont forget the salt and vegetable garnish like potato and cabbage.I found a recipe that calls for kangaroo tail soup, What is it like? Any substitutions?
You may substitute Oxtail ( and that makes good soup).I found a recipe that calls for kangaroo tail soup, What is it like? Any substitutions?
its ok... just like a beef soup really.t
Ox tail is a nice substitute and a lamb shank is to, it is a bit gamier like Kangaroo meat, I have the soup years ago in Germany and again when I worked in Canada back in the 1980's I bought a tin in Edmonton Alberta when I worked there.





I had the meat when I worked in Singapore, we serve a rump steak in the fine dining restaurant in the hotel, a bit like venison but not as strong, and like with any game type meat can only be enjoyed no more done than medium to medium rare.





Just make the soup to the recipe, I would roast the shank for 30 minutes at 375 to brown it first it adds flavour and a bit of browning to the soup. It will be ready to fall off the bone in 1-1 1/2 hours then remove it, scrape off the meat and then return it to the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment