Friday, July 30, 2010

Anyone know the recipes from the movie Tortilla Soup?

I just got through watching Tortilla Soup for the first time earlier tonight and wow! I love cooking/food and that movie, even without the actual plot, which was good, just had me entranced. It was so beautiful! If you've seen it, you might know what I mean. Anyway, I was just wondering if there are actual recipes for the things that were made specifically in the movie? I mean I know that obviously there are dozens out there for tortilla soup alone but I was kind of hoping there would be some recipes in the special features or something...well we got the movie from Netflix and there weren't any special features... Does anyone know? Or could you at least tell me the names of the things they made, besides the titular item? I'm really in particular looking for a recipe of, or similar to, that dessert that Hector Elizondo's character made towards the beginning of the movie in that restaraunt with the apples and the bread in those beautiful glasses (they looked like martini glasses) with the cinnamon sticks...? Does anyone know?Anyone know the recipes from the movie Tortilla Soup?
The food that Martin Naranjo cooks was prepared by Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger who run restaurants in Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Maybe they have a cook book out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment