Friday, July 30, 2010

Does anybody has a recipe for homemade cream of potato soup?

There are several in the following search...





http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/find/r鈥?/a>Does anybody has a recipe for homemade cream of potato soup?
allrecipes should have oneDoes anybody has a recipe for homemade cream of potato soup?
That sounds good, I haven't made that in a long time. I think I'll make some for supper. I don't use alot of ingredients. I just peel and cube my potatoes, chopped onions and celery, just do cover them in water, add some milk, butter, salt and pepper, and a little corn meal to thicken it and cook until tender. Sorry I don't have specific amounts, I just remember how my mother made it and I guess and season to taste. There's no wrong way to make it.
CREAM OF POTATO SOUP





8 slices bacon


1 med. onion, chopped


12 med. potatoes, peeled %26amp; diced


2 cans cream of chicken soup


2 cans milk


Parsley flakes





In large soup pan, fry bacon. When crisp, remove bacon but leave drippings in pan. Add onions and saute until tender. Then add diced potatoes with just enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender. Add cream of chicken soup, milk, crumbled bacon bits and parsley flakes. Heat until it begins to bubble. Enjoy!
you can put what ever you want in it. to make the base after you have cooked the potatos. dump out some of the water add the ingredients that dont need to cook long. add milk,butter and velveta cheese. season to taste
This is a wonderful and easy soup recipe that my children dearly love. We eat it at least once a week in the winter time. I make a BIG pot of it, so you may want to reduce the amounts.


3 slices bacon


1 onion, diced


10-12 potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1'; cubes


water


flour, about 1/4 c.


salt, pepper, garlic seasoning


2 cups milk


cheese, shredded





Saute bacon in a large pot. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Saute diced onion in bacon drippings until translucent. Add chopped potatoes to the pot, stirring well. Add seasonings. Add just enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to boil, then simmer until potatoes are tender (about 15-20 minutes). Add flour to the pot, stirring with a whisk, then add 2 cups of milk and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened.





When I ladle it into bowls, I sprinkle each serving with shredded cheese
cooks.com....... recipezaar.com all great sites.......

No comments:

Post a Comment