Monday, August 23, 2010

Best broccoli and cheddar soup recipe?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broccoli-An鈥?/a>





or





http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/18鈥?/a>





They both call for different ingredients. Im so confused. Which do I go with?Best broccoli and cheddar soup recipe?
They both look crap . Here's my recipe which you can tweak to taste.


Melt a large tablespoon or two of butter in a pan. Add a chopped onion and a peeled and chopped clove of garlic if you want. Wash and chop a head of broccoli-use the leaves and all the stems and add to the pan together with pint or so of cold water. If you have vegetable stock i.e. if you have saved any of the water that other vegetables had been boiled in then you could use that instead. I usually just add a vegetable stock cube. Simmer and when the broccoli is cooked (soft) turn the heat off and add your previously grated cheese. Stir well and transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning-salt and pepper perhaps a squeeze of lemon. Personally I don't use cheddar but Edam as I like the stringy texture it gives the soup. Traditionally this is meant to be broccoli and stilton soup. Anyway-enjoy.Best broccoli and cheddar soup recipe?
The first one looks better but looks arent everything. I duno!! I am starring this because I can not find a good broc and cheese soup.
I'd definitely go with the first one. It has much better user ratings and comments. When I'm in doubt, I read what other people think about the recipe and how it turned out.
either one would be fine just go with the one you like best i think the first one be easier

No comments:

Post a Comment